Sunday, December 27, 2009

..before the year ends



Dec 27, 2009 1:32am

I just would want to create another blog entry before the year ends.

Merry Christmas!

First of all, I wanted to share that in greeting "Merry Christmas" we should not shorten it and change the word Christ to X. If we believe that Christ is the reason for the season, let us not change his name to X even if its for the sake of "shotcuts".

Second, I wanted to share my experience in our Christmas Table. Every year our school organizes a Christmas Table wherein unfortunate children from different places are invited. This is to make the children happy and full.

As a senior student, we were required to go and participate in this event for our CAT grade. We were assigned to assist the children in the particular table. And as I was nearing the children, I really smelled something gross. Okay! Honestly, almost all of the children looks dirty, their feet and hands more callous than mine, and their smell( no offense). Although I got really irritated at first, I enjoyed the whole time.

The program has just begun when I was startled by a little boy who spit saliva on the table and when I shouted and asked what he just did, He just looked at me and wiped his saliva with his hands spreading it on the table(eew!) Then, there was also some small quarrels among the kids. There was a girl who cried because the other boy sat on her chair.When I saw that many kids on my assigned table were crying because of food, I got my candies and gave them each. Some even wanted to have more. But, there was a little boy who got my attention. He was cute and well-behaved. When I told him to sit on the chair because the bigger ones will be the one to play games, He just obeyed. When I distributed food, some children hid their food under the table in order to get one. But, the little boy just told me that "I already have one". Some children ate ice cream twice, thrice. I offered him an ice cream but he said " Naka kaon na man ko( I already ate one)" I really admired the little boy for he has proper manners and not allowed his neighbors to influence him in behaving improperly.His name is "mikloy". He is the little boy in the picture above.

I learned a lot on that day. I should be very happy because Im fortunate enough that my needs are well provided. I'm very thankful to God that I have shared my day with the little children.

Lastly, before going online, I was watching the Bottomline hosted by Boy Abunda. The guest was the CNN hero of the year Efren Penaflorida. I was amazed and inspired by the humility of the man. He answered the questions direct to the point and with all honesty.

Dec 27, 2009 2 :21am

No comments:

Post a Comment